Hi there Vicki,
At long last, The Norwegian is ready to open!
We are hiring a part-time lefse maker/baker. Before I post this job description on some of the local job sites, I thought I'd send it to you. Do you think anybody you know through the Sons of Norway might find it fun to make lefse/baked goods with us each week? If yes, I'm pasting the job description below.
Hiring A Part-Time Lefse Maker/Baker – 5-10 hrs a week
We are opening a Scandinavian brunch spot called The Norwegian. Our lefse maker position offers the opportunity to work a flexible schedule in a friendly work environment. Baked goods and lefse will be a staple on our menu; this position is an integral part of our team.
Our Company: The Norwegian is a 94-seat brunch pub and music venue with a coffee parlour, dining room, and bar. Our clean and comfortable old-world café is in the heart of Rockford’s North End. The Norwegian strives to take great care of our patrons and employees alike.
· The Norwegian building was constructed in 1929; it was originally a bodega. It has undergone 3 years of renovations to bring it back to life, a revitalization effort that reflects our company’s core strengths: vision, dedication, creativity, and positivity.
· We believe in serving the community clean food, made by hand, with a Scandinavian flare. No preservatives or additives will be present in our food.
· The Position: This position pays $15 an hour. We will pay for ServSafe training. This position allows the right person to work either early mornings or in the afternoon to make our product each week. The lefse maker/baker may set their own schedule.
· Experience making lefse is required. A basic familiarity with kitchen equipment is required. A willingness to learn and a love of baking is required.
· The lefse maker/baker will make enough lefse for each week. They will also learn to make kanelsnurre (knotted cinnamon roll), krumkake (wafer cookie), rundstykker (morning rolls), and our house granola. We are willing to work through these recipes with the right candidate.
The Location: The Norwegian is located at 1402 N Main Street in Rockford, IL. Our operating hours are 7 am to 2 pm, 7 days a week. Our website is www.thenorwegian.com.
To apply: either call Emily to set up a time to meet (815-222-1449), or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.